USPCA Region 25
The general nature of the objectives and purpose of this association:
- To unite in a common cause all law enforcement agencies utilizing the services of the canine as an aid in the prevention and detection of crime.
- To promote friendship and brotherhood between all those interested in the training and utilization of the canine in police work.
- To endeavor to establish a minimum working standard, and improve the abilities of the canine in police work, thereby rendering better service to the community.
- To establish and maintain a legal assistance fund for acts resulting in civil suits from the use of police trained canines.
- To coordinate the exchange of any advanced techniques of training of the utilization of police dogs.
- To improve the image of the working police dog to the populace in general through improved public service in the prevention and detection of crime.
- To aid and assist those law enforcement agencies making application for information concerning the establishment of canine sections within their respective.
"Guardians of the Night"
Trust in me my friend for I am your comrade. I will protect you with my last breath When all others have left you and the loneliness of the night closes in, I will be at your side.
Together we will conquer all obstacles, and search out those who might wish harm to others. All I ask of you is compassion, The caring touch of your hands. It is for you that I will unselfishly give my life and spend my nights unrested. Although our days together May be marked by the passing of the seasons Know that each day at your side is my reward.
My days are measured by The coming and going of your footsteps. I anticipate them at every opening of the door. You are the voice of caring when I am ill. The voice of authority when I’ve done wrong.
Do not chastise me unduly For I am your right arm, The sword at your side. I attempt to do only what you bid of me. I seek only to please you and remain in your favor.
Together you and I shall experience a bond only others like us will understand When outsiders see us together Their envy will be measured by their disdain.
I will quietly listen to you And pass no judgment, Nor will your spoken words be repeated I will remain ever silent, Ever vigilant, ever loyal. And when our time together is done and you move on in the world Remember me with kind thoughts and tales, For a time we were unbeatable, Nothing passed among us undetected.
If we should meet again on another street I will gladly take up your fight, I am a Police Working Dog and together, we are guardians of the night.